Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Getting back into it

My last post was about my SMC 5k, which I am still very happy with. That night though, I came down with a stomach infection I caught from my son. He had been ill for two weeks with it, so I was wondering just how long I had to go.
I was telling myself that I would be ok to run on Tuesday...then Wednesday. I was kidding myself. I was not able to bear the thought of eating anything, so I didn't have the energy to walk to the end of the road. I started feeling a bit better on the Sunday (a week after coming down with it) and was able to eat light meals on Monday.
It's now Wednesday, and I'm back to full appetite, although I lost 5kg in seven days - not good. I am slim at the best of times. I'm trying to get my weight slowly back up, but not eating crap food either, it will take a few weeks to recover.
I did manage a 4km walk this morning, taking about 45 minutes, so that's a start! Hoping to get a light, short run in tomorrow and possibly a slightly longer run on Friday or Sunday.
Here's hoping!

Eoin

No comments:

Post a Comment