Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sam run as before

Today I ran the same route as yesterday, but I did it at a more relaxed pace. For some reason I ended up doing a 10sec per km faster than yesterday...not quite sure how that happened...
I've been having a niggly pain in my right knee, in the soft tissue just below the patella. It's been on and off for a couple of weeks, so I went to the physio. I was putting it off, as I didn't want him to tell me not to run, and I know that is kind of self-defeating in the long run.
Anyway, just back from there and he said my right quad is not as defined as my left, so I must have had this issue and been favoring my other leg for a few weeks. So he's given me some exercises and stretches to do. He wanted to strap up the knee but I was adamant that he didn't. I had my left knee strapped up a few months ago and it essentially put me back about three weeks, as it took me a while to get back to where I was. Here's a pic of my left knee strapped a few months back - not pretty!


I'm going to keep running, but whereas I used to run on my "rest" days, I'm actually going to rest!
So I have training tomorrow, rest on Thursday and Friday, then long run on Saturday and rest on Sunday ready for more training on Monday. Back to the physio on Tuesday again.
We'll see how my plan goes!

Eoin

No comments:

Post a Comment