Friday, June 4, 2010

Reality sucks...

Today I did a 5.5k run with the new runners and a taped up right knee. There were two sets of concrete steps I ran up, but had to plant my feet sideways, as my right leg couldn't bend enough due to being taped up...
I found my feet were slapping the ground a lot of the run, possibly due to my lack of movement in my right leg, so I'll worry about that when the tape comes off tomorrow.
I mentioned to my coach that I wanted to do another run on Sunday and he politely told me to keep a lid on it until my knee improves. He reckons I've been pushing myself too much and hence got injured. As much as I love to push myself and my comfort zone, I do agree with him. So I'll skip it until Monday or Tuesday.
This is a bit of a wake up call regarding my goals for this year, so I may have to push my first marathon out to next year, so I can get a bit more injury-free training in. So if I can't run as much I think I'll do some cross training (swimming/cycling). Although I haven't owned a bicycle in about 8 years, so that will go on the shopping list for August or thereabouts...

Eoin

No comments:

Post a Comment