Monday, June 7, 2010

Runner's envy and changing shape

Well as an update to my last post, I am officially an injured runner, on the benches as it were. I took off the strapping on my right knee on Saturday and it's been giving me trouble ever since. I can walk ok, but even standing is painful. So back to the physio tomorrow, and I feel he's not going to be slapping me on the back and saying, "well done, you are healed!"
When I'm driving or walking around these days I am actually envious of runners out there...running. I know there will come a time in the not too distant future when this injury will be a distant memory, but it sucks.
I have also canceled my martial arts membership, as I have no idea when I'll be back to full fitness and don't want my money going cha-ching every two weeks in the meantime!

One bad point (just one?), is that in the short term my appetite hasn't changed, so I'm still eating like a starved horse and putting on a few pounds (although I probably need them to be honest). Mr Physio said last week that I have typical runner's legs, "long and skinny!".
Love this song, very apt recently!




I'm also hoping to go swim training tomorrow, but I don't have a regular place on this. They ring me on a Monday/Tuesday if there is a free space and ask me if I want to go along. I've had three weeks in a row so far, which is great.
More tomorrow....

Eoin

No comments:

Post a Comment