Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Want the good news or the bad...?

Ok, just back from Mr Physio. The bad news, is that I have some tendinitis in my right knee and I can't run for at least a week (until my next visit anyway). After that I may be able to return to training. Depends on how the recovery goes.
The good news is that I can do swimming, cycling and rowing to help strengthen my legs/knee in the meantime. So at least a week of cross training in store.
This is really putting a dent in my plans. I was going to do the SMC 10k on June 20th, won't be happening now (although the 5k may be an option). And the City2Surf is only 9 weeks away, so I won't have built up the training I was hoping for in the meantime. I guess I'll have to be content with just finishing rather than getting a good time.
Well, I was hoping to get some more cross training in, so this is going to be a good opportunity to get to grips with it. As I don't own a bicycle or rowing machine and am not a member of a gym, it won't be easy, but I'll do some searching and see what I find!

Eoin.

2 comments:

  1. What a bummer - you must be disappointed.

    I'm sure you don't need me to remind you that taking care of the issues now {rather than ignoring them} will make for a full & speedy recovery

    Upside - from my own selfish point of view - is that you might be slow enough now to run a similar C2S race as me ;).

    Good luck with your equipment search!

    ~ Kirsten

    ReplyDelete