Thursday, July 15, 2010

Running totals for the first six months

Now that we are in the second half of the year I was looking back at my running totals per month so far. As I only started running in February, it won't be surprising that my totals are pretty low, and I got injured twice. The injuries were to my left hamstring (no running) and the soft tissue under my right knee (I could do light running).
February: 18k
March: 38k
April: 60k (low due to hamstring injury)
May: 128k (incl. SMH half marathon)
June: 45k (low due to knee injury)
That's a total of 289k for five months. If I hadn't been injured, I reckon it would have been closer to 400k total. For July (about half way through) I'm already up to 52k, and I haven't done my long runs for the week yet. I have some good races coming up in the next few months, including a half and a full marathon, so the training is going to ramp up in the distances. Not sure what total I'll be at for the end of the year, but if I had to put down a target I'd say at least over 350k, but probably closer to 500k.

Time will tell :-)

Eoin

No comments:

Post a Comment