Friday, July 9, 2010

Week 1 update

As you know I have begun the first week of my new training program. Here's how it's going so far:
Monday - Cross training (details in previous post)
Tuesday - 5k run in 28 mins avg pace: 5:36min/km
Wednesday - 5k run in 28:38 avg pace: 5:44min/km
Thursday - 5k run in 26:33 avg pace: 5:19min/km (new 5k PB)
Friday - Rest

Monday's run went fine, didn't push myself too hard. Tuesday my legs felt a little heavy so that's probably why my pace was slower (even though the route that day was flatter). Wednesday was cold, windy and raining. I was on the same route as Tuesday but started out faster to just try and warm up. By the 3k mark my legs just got in the rhythm and did the job. It shows in the time, a new PB for 5k!
Rest day today and a few beers tonight with some mates I haven't seen in a month or two. Not that many beers though! Running again on Saturday and Sunday, so I'll update after them.

Have a good run,
Eoin

No comments:

Post a Comment