Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Busy as a busy thing that's really busy!

So I'm busy, who isn't I guess!
I haven't run since the WWFOR on Sunday. I was going to go for a run on Tuesday but things got on top of us in work, it's now Wednesday afternoon and it looks like I won't get a chance today either - not the way things (work) are playing out. I was meant to have a conference call at 23:00 Sydney time last night, but the guy who was hosting the call didn't show, so the rest of us (usually 12-20 show up) just got back to work. Or in my case, went to bed!



I have managed to get a place on a free, yes FREE barefoot and POSE method running workshop that's happening in Sydney next Sunday and I'm really looking forward to it. I would have no problem barefoot running on grass, like a rugby/football pitch, but not on roads and not on trails! I value my feet too much :-)
In my last post I said I had sent an email to a local expert on running/bio-mechanical performance. I got a reply and sent a reply back, waiting to hear when he is free and I'll pay him a visit.
On another note, my Garmin FR305 has been having a problem connecting to my PC and it's been getting worse over the last few months. These days it rarely connects, and if it does then it isn't for long. From the research I've been doing, it appears to be an issue with the 305s :-(
I have all the latest software and firmware and Garmin Tech Support has got me to try a few things, all with no change. It looks like I may have to return it for a repair. Wonder if there's an option to swap it for a newer model? I'll let you know how that goes too. But leave a comment if you've had any issues and how you got around them or what you had to do.
Have a good run!

Eoin

P.S. Here's my first attempt at a podcast...be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment