Monday, October 11, 2010

WWFOR and test driving the Asics

Yesterday we had our WWFOR get together in Sydney's Centennial Park. It had been raining heavily in the morning when I was having breakfast, but it cleared up nicely by 09:00.
I got to the picnic area just before 10:00 and GeekGirlRunner, Rod, JayDub and Andrew had already arrived. We set off with an iPhone app starter's gun (!) at 10:10am on the 10/10/10 :-)
I was going to take it easy, as I wasn't sure how my leg would feel and it was my first run in my new Asics runners. I had initially registered for the half marathon distance, but with my excuses as above I had thought it best to keep it to the 10k. Andrew was doing the HM, but ran with me from the start, so we paced each other. We had a great run in the warm sunshine and great conversation. Towards the end of our second lap, JayDub caught up with us and ran with us for a bit. I stopped off at the 10k mark and JayDub & Andrew kept going.
My time was 55:48, which I was pretty happy with! I had a little shin pain at the 3.3-3.5k mark, but I made a deliberate effort to run on the fronts of my feet (fore foot) and the pain went away then.
When JD and Andrew had finished we all broke out the food and a couple of beers and had a very nice picnic in the sun. Jo R and his wife Emily also came along as Jo had run the 10k, but had started at 11:00. It was great to meet up with my running friends and to make some new running friends. Hopefully it's not too long before we can get together again...Pic below is of Kunaal, Andrew, JayDub, me and GeekGirlRunner.



Eoin

No comments:

Post a Comment