Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ankle update and racing

This is my 100th blog post! Didn't think a year ago that a) I'd be a runner, b) that I'd have my own running blog or c) that I'd have my own running podcast!
I've spent the last two weeks recovering from a sprained ankle I got during the Waterford half marathon. I'm happy to say that I got out for a 7k run last night after work/before dinner with just one issue. I got a small twinge in my ankle at 2.6k but it went away again after about 100m. It's a little tender this morning so I'll keep an eye on it.
Here's a couple of pics of me taken during the HM. The first was during the race before I rolled my ankle:



As you can see, not only am I freakishly tall (just 6'2" really) but I have my "race face" on :-)
This one was taken at the finish line after I rolled my ankle, I'm really feeling it in this one...

I got my new bike recently and have been out on relaxed bike rides, the longest being 33k last Saturday. I had a near miss on that one. By "near" I mean that I think the only reason I didn't get hit was because the car's wing mirror was below the height of my handlebars. I'm not kidding.

Anyway, here's my latest episode of my podcast, Episode 4.0. Hope you enjoy it, feel free to comment here or to my email address: theirunner (at) gmail (dot) com
I've registered it in iTunes, but the iTunes police are checking it out for dodgy material, so that may take a while, been a few days already!

6 comments:

  1. Great Podcast Eoin, Nice Race reviews nice format to the whole Podcast. I was interested in your views on the Endurolyte Product, may try these out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. same injury last september in sydney half.....took three weeks and still needs strapping after four months but doesnt stop me doing anything

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! It was giving me trouble last night, so I cancelled the track session and will be back with the physio on Friday. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eoin. Just came across your blog. We are on a similar journey--training for an ultramarathon by the end of 2011.

    I listen to podcasts while I run. Will add yours to my list!

    Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures Eoin - hope t=your ankle does not continue to pain you for too much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys.
    Podcast was approved by the iTunes police today, so at most it will take a day or two and you'll be able to subscribe in iTunes :-)
    Ankle is still sore, but I'm resting it and hopefully the physio will be able to work some magic on Friday...

    ReplyDelete