Saturday, July 15, 2017

My first ultra

I haven't posted in about 11 months, so it's high time I did a post...or delete the blog. So here we go.
I've been interested in running in an ultra marathon for some time, and recently I had decided to do one as a fundraiser. Originally I was booked on to the Sligo Way ultra (84km trail race), but due to bush fires in the area, the race got cancelled. Then I thought of the Tralee ultra (100km on road), but that isn't being run at all anymore! So I registered on the Longford ultra, which is a 63km road race about 90min drive from where we live.
The charity I picked is Dyspraxia Ireland.
The race takes place on August 27th, and I spent a bit of time this morning organising accommodation and food for race weekend. Well, pre-race breakfast!
Training could be better, as I've had calf strains on and off, but ok today. But as I always say, if I can get to the start line, I'll get to the finish line.
If you'd like to donate, please do so here, many thanks!

https://give.everydayhero.com/ie/longford-ultra-for-dyspraxia


No comments:

Post a Comment